Sunday, November 29, 2009

it's nice to be back

Last night I picked up my knitting needles for the first time in a few weeks. As I began to work the yarn my fingers began to twitch, they were excited. It's been a while. The more I knit and wound the yarn in and around itself the more I felt myself unwind. Corny I know! but it's true. I've been so busy with lots of 'stuff' going on lately I find it so relaxing and almost comforting to sit down and just knit. *sigh*

I have started working on scarf that is an entrelac pattern. Entrelac is soo cool. I saw it done first on a scarf that was on display at a yarn store and I wanted it! It is a kind of diamond/checkered pattern and if you use self striping yarn when you knit it the result is beautiful. The pattern I found on Raverly used a special yarn called 'Noro Silk Garden" but I couldn't find any around here. One day I will get some though because it makes the pattern a gorgeous rainbow of so many colours. The yarn I found was Red Heart collage yarn in 'Blue wave' and I like how it is looking so far.

It is fun to knit in entrelac, it's not the usual mindless knitting that goes with most scarves. Not that I mind that, believe me I am ALL about knitting that does not require thinking.

But, sometimes, it's nice, to have to think a little.



No comments:

Post a Comment