Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Knitting Bliss

Is there anything better than cozying up into your cushy couch on a cold rainy night with some knitting needles, your latest project and a good movie?

Well, I'm sure there are a few things, but tonight I can't think of any.

I have been working lately. By working, I mean really working, like paying full-time job working. It's been an adjustment, I have discovered a profound admiration for all working mothers. I always thought they were amazing, but now... They are saints! Super-moms! I come home after working all day to a messy house and a hungry family. The laundry keeps piling up and if it wasn't for my husband we wouldn't have a clean dish in the house. How do they do it? Seriously!?

*Sigh* enter knitting.

With each knit, each purl, the stresses and worries slowly melt away until it's just me, my knitting needles and currently the movie "A Walk to Remember".

Utter bliss.


1 comment:

  1. I have just read your entire blog and am so immpressed! where do you find the time woman?! Also, you are such a good writer, you had me captivated. what are you working on right now? let's get together and knit and watch a jane austin movie.

    ReplyDelete