Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mr. Darcy; Vampyre

I just finished reading the book Mr. Darcy Vampyre. Sadly I hyped the book up too much in my head and it was a little disappointing.

Don't you hate it when that happens!

I couldn't help it, the idea of Darcy being a Vampyre was hilarious! I couldn't wait to see what the author had in store for Lizzy and dear Darcy post marriage, and how him being a vampyre would be explained and discovered etc. The fact that that was why he was always so brooding and rude in Pride and Predjudice... the story was AWESOME in theory.

As it happens in books sometimes though, it took until 2/3rds in to get to the good stuff. That last 100 pages would have been a perfect plot for the book, unfortunately it took 200 pages to get there, and then it felt completely rushed, especially at the end. Who likes to write pages and pages of descriptions and slow flowing story with only the briefest of intrigue and then rushes all the action and explainations at the end?

Did I love it?      No

Did I like it?       Yeeaah (and only a teeny tiny part of me thinks I could have written it better :P)

Will I read it again?      Probably

Would I recommend it?      Only to the most avid Jane Austen lovers, it was fun, different than all other continuation stories and come on, it's Lizzy and Darcy!

No comments:

Post a Comment